ADV-1003 | Advice on Change Control Management with SAP Solution Manager
Harness the power of SAP Solution Manager for integrated Change Control Management
Business models and the associated IT systems and applications need to be constantly adjusted in an agile way. Therefore, business organizations want optimal support for their IT processes, and particularly for their Change Management processes. While Change Management does focus on the change processes, the term Change Control Management contains the Change Management part, and the underlying technology.
Our service “Advice on Change Control Management with SAP Solution Manager” helps customers to set up state of the art Change Management that is seamlessly integrated with other areas of ITSM, while optimizing their SAP Solution Manager utilization.
The following topics will be coverd during the services:
- Control all software and configuration changes to ensure continuous quality improvements, reduce risk and audit requirements are met
- Reduce effort on IT Administration through seamless integration of different processes and leverage SolMan as single source of thruth
- Enable overall reporting and increase transparency regarding your IT and in particular change processes as basis for unlocking optimization potential within your IT Organization
Due to a close relationship to SAP and outstandingly experienced consultants, customers benefit from a best in class service delivery.
Through our service, customers get
- Detailed analysis of tools and processes currently used to manage the customer’s Change Control processes (Business and IT Requirement, Request for Changes, Urgent/Normal/General Changes, Administration Changes)
- Investigation of customer’s current IT structure to optimize cost and effort associated with Change Control process management
- Introduction to Solution Manager 7.2 capabilities for Change and Request Management (ChaRM)
- Definition of future Change Control processes
- Creation of implementation roadmap including project plan and effort estimation for SolMan 7.2
- Implementation of different scenarios in customer’s Solution Manager to allow for evaluation of provided functionalities (Proof-of-Concept)
- Roadmap and result of the workshop will be presented to and discussed with customer within the wrap up session, definition of next steps and responsibilities for the implementation
As SAP Solution Manager is included in SAP maintenance fee, no additional license costs occur.
The focus of our service is Change Request Management (ChaRM) as one core component of Change Control Management. ChaRM comprises of
- Business and IT Requirement
- Request for Changes
- Urgent Changes
- Normal Changes
- Standard Changes
- Administration Changes.
We start with an assessment of your individual Change Control Management solution, to unlock unused capabilities compared to best practices.
Based on the results of the assessment, we will discuss the findings with you, and show you how your requirements can be met using SAP Solution Manager.
You will obtain our clear and detailed recommendation (implementation road map and project plan), outlining which Change processes should be optimized, and which SAP Solution Manager functionalities should be used to optimally support your Change Control Management.