ADV-1002 | Advice on IT Service Management with SAP Solution Manager
Leverage SAP Solution Manager for holistic IT-Service Management
Today, it is essential for business organizations to succeed in globalized markets. Business models have to be constantly adjusted in an agile way. Thus, IT processes have to be as agile as business processes. IT processes in modern companies are often as complex as business processes. Therefore, IT Service Management (ITSM) also needs to be agile, scalable and well integrated with business process management.In historically grown IT landscapes, ITSM processes are often based on heterogeneous tools and solutions, causing additional efforts to avoid inconsistencies, achieve transparency and speed to optimally support the business.
Our service “Advice on IT Service Management with SAP Solution Manager” helps customers to utilize the full potential of SAP Solution Manager as their state of the art ITSM-System, to:
- Decrease amount of applications to manage ITSM processes with the usage of SAP Solution Manager as “Single Source of Truth”
- Reduce effort on IT Administration through seamless integration of different processes
- Enable overall reporting and increase transparency regarding your IT processes as basis to identify optimization potential within your IT Organization
Due to a close relationship to SAP and outstandingly experienced consultants, customers benefit from a best in class service delivery.
Through our service, customers get:
- Detailed analysis of ITSM tools and processes currently used including documentation of “As-Is”-situation with focus on Incident, Problem, Service Catalogue and Service Request Management, Knowledge Articles
- Investigation of customer’s current IT structure to optimize cost and effort associated with ITSM processes
- Introduction to Solution Manager 7.2 capabilities for IT Service Management
- Definition of future ITSM processes, interviews with Stakeholders to evaluate “To-Be”-situation
- Implementation of different scenarios in customer’s Solution Manager to allow for evaluation of provided functionalities (Proof-of-Concept)
- Creation of implementation roadmap including project plan and effort estimation
- Roadmap and result of the workshop will be presented to and discussed with customer within the wrap up session, definition of next steps and responsibilities for the implementation
As SAP Solution Manager is included in SAP maintenance fee, no additional license costs occur.
The focus will be on ITSM – SAP Solution Manager capabilities associated with:
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Service Catalog and Service Request Management
- Knowledge Articles
The result of our assessment is a clear and detailed recommendation, outlining which ITSM/SAP processes should be optimized, and which SAP Solution Manager functionalities should be used to optimally support ITSM.