ADV-1012 | Advice on Development Operations
Lost in a hybrid IT landscape?
Advisory Services regarding Development Operations and Development Lifecycle within hybrid SAP and non-SAP landscapes based on best practices and state-of-the-art technologies.
To keep up with the demands of business and customers, IT Departments are faced with new technologies, frameworks and tools in a growing hybrid IT landscape. SAP and non-SAP applications need to be developed and operated seamlessly together. In most companies this hybrid landscape, consisting of legacy systems, microservices, container-based applications and multiple cloud environments, is already here.
Traditional Application Lifecycle Management methods and operations often can’t keep pace with agile development projects. This is where Development Operations (short: DevOps) is coming into the play. DevOps is commonly described as a “set of practices intended to reduce the time between committing a change to a system and the change being placed into normal production, while ensuring high quality” with the overall goal to bring development and operations closer together.
But as Gartner in a recent article Avoid Failure by Developing a Toolchain That Enables DevOps described, “Organizational collaboration without tool collaboration and integration creates barriers in the continuous delivery process”. Furthermore without a underlying strategy it could quickly develop in “overlapping tools that can be difficult to integrate and automate across the different DevOps areas.”
To avoid being stuck in such a complexity trap and to risk losing track or even sacrificing the business, all tools and technologies must be seamlessly integrated in development, delivery and operations processes.
The itelligence Service Advice on Development Operations helps customers to design a toolchain strategy and enable a continuous delivery process for a specific customer environment. The service is divided into 3 parts:
1) Development Operations Process
- Methodology of Development Operations
- DevOps vs. ITIL - demarcation and similarities
- Design Draft of development operations process for the given landscape or applications
2) DevOps Toolchain for specific landscape
- Analysis of landscape
- Selection of best practice tools
- Identification of integration demands
- Definition of DevOps Toolchain
3) Rapid prototyping (optionally)
- Implementation and integration of DevOps Toolchain
- Test of development operations processes and designed toolchain together with customer
With this service itelligence provides:
- Extensive knowledge from years of experience in development and consultancy SAP and non-SAP technologies and trends
- Close collaboration with SAP incl. experience of current product development and roadmaps
- Assessment of your current IT environment, development and operation processes
- Recommendations on how to optimize your IT environment based on your demands, considering best practises and proven development methodologies