SAP BusinessObjects Universe Design Advanced
BOU320 - Universe Design XI 3.1 Advanced Training
This two-day training course covers the advanced techniques for anyone responsible for creating and designing Universes using BusinessObjects XI 3.0/3.1.
Duration: 2 days
Reviewing Universe Design Concepts
- Use your Universe Design and BusinessObjects Universe Designer knowledge to solve business Problems
- Describe the course Universe, database data, and structure
Working with Aggregate Awareness
- Define aggregate awareness
- Apply aggregate awareness to objects
Designing Advanced Objects
- Combine database functions in objects
- Construct relative date-time objects
Creating Complex Predefined Conditions, LOVs, and Joins
- Create complex predefined conditions
- Work with advanced LOVs
- Work with advanced join syntaxes
- Define connection and user credential Parameters
- Work with Central Management Server (CMS) Universe Security
- Work with table mapping
Implementing Universe Life Cycle Management
- Move content from development to production
Maintaining and Optimizing Universes
- Optimize universes
- Apply foreign key index awareness
- Apply best practices for Universe Design
Creating Universes from Other Data Sources
- Create a universe from an XML metadata file
- Create stored procedure and JavaBeans universes
- Work with OLAP universes
- Participants will gain the comprehensive skills and in-depth knowledge needed to design universes in BusinessObjects Universe Designer.
- The business benefit of this course is that you will learn best-practice methodology for creating universes that respond to your reporting requirements.
- Through well-designed universes, report designers and business users will be able to create reports without having to know anything about the underlying data source or structure.
Participants must have attanded the
- BOU310 BusinessObjects XIR3: Universe Design, and the
- BOW310 BusinessObjects Web Intelligence XIR3: Report Design.
To be successful, you must also be familiar with:
- Using and working with SQL and relational database management systems concepts and structures
- The BusinessObjects Central Management Console