ADV-1006 | Advice on SAP Solution Manager Upgrade Assessment
What is your best way to SAP Solution Manager 7.2?
The SAP Solution Manager has been successfully introduced to many customers world-wide, and is recommended by SAP as the central tool for managing IT innovation projects on one hand, and on the other hand to keep the existing processes up and running as part of ongoing maintenance. As standard maintenance for SAP SolMan 7.1 is only delivered until end of 2017, customers are looking for their optimal path to SolMan 7.2 - in order to ensure ongoing SAP support and to enable new capabilities.
SAP Solution Manager is the best tool for managing SAP landscapes, also for hybrid environments comprising SAP and non-SAP-Solutions. With the new SolMan release 7.2, SAP is revising the complete area for process documentation. Other functionalities like Monitoring or Change Request Management have been enhanced to cover more requirements from customers.
We at itelligence have broad consulting and implementation experience and detailed knowledge with SolMan. Due to our strong partnership with SAP, we are familiar with SAP’s product strategy for Solution Manager.
With itelligence SolMan 7.2 Upgrade Advisory Service, customers get:
- Technical feasibility check for SolMan upgrade 7.2
- Evaluation of their used scenarios in SAP Solution Manager 7.1
- Impact analysis of release change to SAP Solution Manager 7.2
- Roadmap setup for SAP Solution Manager 7.2
Due to a close relationship to SAP and outstandingly experienced consultants, customers benefit from a best in class service delivery.
With the Upgrade Advisory Service, customer receive a combined and focused service delivery tailored to their needs. Based on the current situation at the customer, our experts will create an individual Roadmap for the Release Change to 7.2 with an evaluation of the best approach, upgrade or new installation.
The Upgrade Advisory Service can be the starting point for the release change project. Based on individual agreements, we can cover all activities during this projects or only parts of it.
In a first conference call, we discuss and determine focus areas for the Upgrade Advisory Service. Afterwards, the current SolMan 7.1 solutions is checked (remotely) to identify potential risks for the upgrade, like custom code, enhancements or modifications.
During an onsite workshop, itelligence
- analyzes the currently implemented processes together with the relevant process stakeholders
- provides presentations and system demonstrations to empower the customer with new or enhanced SolMan 7.2 features (see list below)
- evaluates Custom Code regarding the possibility to replace it with new standard functions
- proposes a high-level SolMan 7.2 Upgrade project plan
- discusses with the client how the SolMan release change project fits into the customer’s overall project portfolio
After the workshop, itelligence summarizes findings and conclusions and provides the upgrade roadmap, including timeline, milestones and effort estimations, and our recommendation about upgrade or new installation.