Data Warehouse Design
DW_DWD - Data Warehouse Design Training
This two day training course focuses on the fundamentals of dimensional modelling - the key to a successful data warehouse.
Duration: 2 days
- Analysis and design
- The data dimension
- Other popular dimensions
- Design the fact table - including aggregates, snapshots and coverage
- Tracking history
- Vertical and horizontal hierarchy flattering
- Data quality issues and the population process
- Gather user requirements, ensuring that all the relevant information is included
- Understand the project workflow and the purpose of the project
- Design a Data Warehouse as a series of interlocking star schema data marts, according to dimensional modelling design principles
- Resolve many user requirements including tracking history, aggregate tables and recursive relationships.
- Delegates must have attended the Succesful Data Warehousing course.
- To be successful, delegates should have a basic understanding of relational database concepts such as joins, tables, primary keys, foreign keys, attributes and lookup tables.