ADV-1010 | SAP Data Volume Management
Increase system performance, reduce costs and efforts, avoid risks by optimizing data volumes
Just as businesses move fast and expand at a rapid rate, so does the amount of data in a SAP System. It is growing steadily within the different components and application scenarios of the relevant SAP products in use.
Without efficient data management and a thorough housekeeping strategy, it is impossible to ensure an ongoing stable and adequate system performance as well as to keep the total costs of your SAP landscape in check.
SAP systems generate a lot of data which results in fast database growth and huge database sizes. Keeping an overview and managing this amount is a challenge of database administrators, but necessary for reliable and performant SAP operations. Especially in conjunction with a system migration, the minimization of data volumes is highly recommended.
- How to avoid data generation?
- How to summarize / compress data?
- How to delete data (e.g. housekeeping jobs)?
- How to archive data (e.g. archiving objects)?
Get transparency of the system landscape data consumption and data distribution, growth rates, the age of data as well as possible reduction potentials and application customizing needs.
Main features of the service offering are:
- SAP Product-, operating and database system- independent analysis of document types, application tables and BW objects
- Concept on how to avoid, summarize, delete or archive obsolete data
- Focus on pre-migration and operation